Large Content Site – sayyestodallas.com (New site with content migration from existing HTML site)
- I was brought in by contacts at DMagazine to help the Dallas Regional Chamber launch a new “Talent Attraction” campaign for the entire region within a 3-4 month time frame. (The development arm of the magazine would have taken 6-12 months and they needed a quick and flexible turnaround)
- I worked with their team to find design inspiration and an existing theme that could handle the mass content creation they needed in a simple and easy way.
- This included the transfer of over 150 pages from the original mydallasmove.com website and creation of at least 40-50 more. (Site now has over 500 pages of content)
- Additionally worked to redesign their “My Dallas Story” section to be a feature of their website with strong imagery and custom fields to help with classification and organization across the site.
- We have revisited and updated the site three times in the past 2 years to add additional functionality, and change design according to their marketing teams recommendations and community feedback.
- Updates included building a custom “Cost of Living Calculator”(https://sayyestodallas.com/cost-calculator/) integrated with a proprietary API
- Also included building a jobs platform(https://sayyestodallas.com/jobs/) and custom “Featured Employer”(https://sayyestodallas.com/jobs/alkami/) functionality to allow for additional sponsorship opportunities, and a new avenue for revenue on the site.
- Most recently as a larger branch of the Dallas regional chamber to quickly respond to COVID-19 with features specifically focused towards helping displaced workers (https://sayyestodallas.com/jobs/displaced-workers)
- Currently in the process of a new update to build and implement a “Find your region/ Where should I live?” to help recommend content related to users interests and lifestyle.